Learn By Doing
A Remarkable Internship Experience.
Join the UWN Internship Programme to become an active part of a special Team which was created to provide you with the opportunity to invest your own skills and also learn new skills by doing.
What does the Intern Team do?
- The Team is a group of 3 to 7 people.
- The Team is responsible for creating regular video features and podcasts to be published on the online #GETPeaceProject platforms, as well as creating features to promote the UWN and it's projects, and much more.
- Video and podcast features can be e.g. an interview with the local Municipal Councillor on an issue, or a story about someone making a difference in the community, etc.
- The Team will also assist as crew during formal video productions.
- The Team tasks are as follows:
- Camera Person
- Sound Engineer
- Photo and Video Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Team Leader
What is the time commitment required?
- You can join the team for a period of between 1 month, up to 3 months.
- An Intern can choose to join one of two teams:
- Week Day Team ... Monday to Thursday, 10am to 4pm
- Saturday Team ... Saturdays, 10am to 4pm
What is the cost?
- To register on the Internship Programme:
- 1 Month ... R1950
- 3 Months ... R5500
- The amount above excludes your annual UWN Membership Fee of R995.
What is the value & what does an Intern get?
- The value far exceeds the cost. Interns gain experience in their field of study and expertise, build relationships and are involved in amazing projects.
- After completion of the Internship Programme and Intern receives a certificate as well as a letter of recommendation based on performance.
What does an Intern do?
- An Intern is a person who is proactively involved in one or more of the activities and projects of the UWN as part of a Team (described above).
- An Intern is usually assigned with a specific set of duties and responsibilities within one or more of the Team functions described above e.g. camera person, writer, etc.
- Each Intern application is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and we reserve the right to decline any application without having to give reasons for such a decision.
What are the required skills, qualifications and experience that an Intern needs to have?
- The Intern Team activities and projects are versatile (but revolve around the production of video and podcast, social media content generation etc) and we have opportunities for highly qualified and experienced individuals, school leavers, and almost any person in between.
- If you are accepted as an Intern, you will be engaged in a capacity where you will be able to function successfully within a Team - for those who wish to grow and learn we will endeavor to provide opportunities for capacity and skills development.
How do I apply to be an Intern?
- Complete the contact form and we will be in touch to assess whether you would be a fit to join the team.
Where do Interns work from?
- Interns work from the Johannesburg office (in Modderfontein close to Edenvale).
- Note that Interns cover all their own travel, transport, accommodation, food and other costs of a personal nature.
Does an Intern get paid?
- Interns receive rewards for successfully completed tasks and projects.
- A reward is called UWNSterling. These rewards can be spent in the UWN Market. At present the UWN Market is in a first phase of evolution and will initially be spent on UWNAID projects.