Volunteer Operatives Needed
The UWN and #GETPeaceProject offers a unique opportunity for experienced persons (Operatives) from various industries to join our team - ideal for a person who wishes to gain experience in a field or for a retired person who wants to invest expertise. This is a volunteer position and involvement is required for a season at a time.
At present we are recruiting Volunteer Operatives for Season 1 which commences on 29 January 2018 and ends on 26 April 2018.
The activities during Season 1 will focus mainly on all aspects relating to:
- The Plastic Recovery & Re-Production project.
- Developing the framework for the establishment of the UWN Food Bank.
- Creating the outline for the UWN Human Capacity Development programme.
- Expanding the UWN membership base.
At the end of Season 1 you will receive a certificate of participation and letter of recommendation and recognition, applicable to the area(s) in which you functioned.
Joining The Team
Joining us means that you become part of our operations, production or creative team as a Volunteer Operative. You work on projects to apply your skills and also function as mentor and coach to young graduates and professionals who work as Apprentices in your cluster:
- Regular production of video and other content.
- Photo & video editing.
- Studio and location photo shoots.
- Social Media marketing and content creation.
- Short documentary films.
- Activities of the #GETPeaceProject which includes project management, marketing, social media campaigns, PR, HR and more.
What You Get & Participation Fees
During Season 1 you will have:
- A dedicated workspace at the UWN Head Quarters where you will be based. The location will be in Modderfontein, close to Edenvale.
- Meeting room access.
- The flexibility to take care of other work responsibilities you may have in between, during your Season 1 involvement.
The amounts payable by the Operative to participate in Season 1:
- The project is funded by the members and we ask that you make a donation of any amount which will be used as a development levy to run operations.
- Payment of your annual UWN Membership Fee of R2739 (this includes your 12 month membership and UWN ID Card).
Contact Johnathan Andrews to discuss joining the team further, or complete the form below and we will contact you.
We Needed ...
- Photographers, Filmmakers
- Animators, Illustrators, Graphic Designers
- Voice Over Artists
- Video Editors, Photo Editors
- Sound Engineers
- Make-up & SFX Make-up Artists
- Anchors & Presenters
- Script Writers, Journalists
- App Developers, Web Developers
- Project Co-ordinators
- Social Media Influencers
- Brand Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales Managers
- Legal Experts, Accountants
- Medical Professionals, Anthropologists, Scientists, Academics, Researchers, Human Resources Management, Public Relations
- ... and more
Back The #GETPeaceProject
Buy your Food Bank Seed Hamper and Bougeoir to be a part of the fueling of the #GETPeaceProject.