You can get involved as a UWN Volunteer to work as member of a team involved with UWNAID.
When you join UWN as Volunteer, you become an active part of a special department which was created to do powerful work in the community. The department is called UWNAID.
What does UWNAID do?
- It is a special division of the UWN which provides "AID" through various means to people and communities.
- Projects can also include from raising awareness of the UWN, to getting involved in community issues.
What does the Volunteer Team do?
- The Volunteer Team is a group of 3 to 7 people.
- The Team is dedicated to raising awareness and get support for the UWNAID programme and becomes active in the various projects as they are mobilized.
- One of the most important functions of the Team is to get contributions for UWNAID.
What is the time commitment required?
- You can join the team for a period of between 1 month, up to 3 months.
- A Volunteer can choose to join one of two teams:
- Week Day Team ... Monday to Thursday, 10am to 4pm
- Saturday Team ... Saturdays, 10am to 4pm
What is the cost?
- There is no cost to the Volunteer to get involved, other than that a Volunteer has to register as a UWN Member - the annual fee is R995.
What does a volunteer do?
- A Volunteer is a person who is proactively involved in one or more of the activities and projects of the UWNAID as part of a Team (described above).
- A volunteer is usually assigned with a specific set of duties and responsibilities within one or more of the Team functions.
- Each volunteer application is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and we reserve the right to decline any application without having to give reasons for such a decision.
What are the required skills, qualifications and experience that a volunteer needs to have?
- The Volunteer Team activities and projects are versatile and we have opportunities for highly qualified and experienced individuals, school leavers, and almost any person in between.
- If you are accepted as a volunteer, you will be engaged in a capacity where you will be able to function successfully within a Team.
How do I apply to be a volunteer?
- Complete the contact form and we will be in touch to assess whether you would be a fit to join the team.
Where do volunteers work from?
- Volunteers work from the Johannesburg office (in Modderfontein close to Edenvale) at this stage.
- Note that volunteers cover all their own travel, transport, accommodation, food and other costs of a personal nature.
Does a volunteer get paid?
- Volunteers receive rewards for successfully completed tasks and projects.
- A reward is called UWNSterling. These rewards can be spent in the UWN Market. At present the UWN Market is in a first phase of evolution and will initially be spent on UWNAID projects.